- Adenoids also known as pharyngeal tonsil / nasopharyngeal tonsil is a mass of lymphatic tissue situated posterior to the nasal cavity, in the roof of the nasopharynx, where the nose blends into the throat.
- Normally, in children it forms a soft mouth in the roof and posterior wall of the nasopharynx, just above and behind uvula.
- The adenoids are a mass soft tissue behind the nasal cavity. Like lymphnodes, adenoids are the past of the immune system and are made of the same type of tissues (Lymphoid Tissue).
- White blood cells circulate through the adenoids and other lymphnoid tissues reacting to foreign invaders in the body.
- We all have adenoids at birth and in childhood but as we head into adolscence they start to shrink.
- By adulthood, most people’s adenoids have disappeared.
For more details visit one of the best homeopathy hospital in India Modern Homeopathy